Monday, May 4, 2015

and then this happened

all was going so well...I went to the grocery and then came out - I was listening to a book I had read before and really was thinking that I should just quit reading it and happened to mess it up and decided that Fresh Aire would be a better bet...Deal with it when I get home.  I got to the car and unloaded groceries...returned the cart...got into the car, backed out and then tried to put it into first gear...Absolutely NOTHING there.  I have never felt that before.  The engine was fine, the brakes worked, the power steering...everything was fine, except I had not go because there is no clutch/transmission...WEIRD! I had to push it back into a parking space.  Thinking in advance (yeah, that's it) I was able to push it into a pull-through so that it should be easy for the tow truck to pick it up...

Luckily I was still in the grocery store parking lot and was able to go in and call Fonda to come and get me - She was making supper while I ran to the store. 

We are going away for the weekend (Friday/Saturday) for a reason I will talk about next week - Nothing scary, just going.  We are going to take one of our cars (not the Saturn at this point)...Of course the Honda needs some repair, but trying to get a rental car is stupid - we would have to get it for more than the time we actually need it to accommodate the rental-place not being open on Sundays...Stupid. 

Anyway...we may be getting a new car soon...sigh...

1 comment:

rush said...

Poor you. Poor me. No word yet on how much this is going to cost. But, I don't wanna think about buying a car, I whine. Can't one just fall in our lap? That's how we got the last two! No fair! Why us? Why, o why? We briefly looked at a car online...sticker shock!!! It's impossible to see or do much on an iPad, so I will use the grown-up computer and see what I can find, but it won't be fun or exciting like some of the car places seem to want us to believe. No fair.

the fish girl

My photo
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States

Blog Archive