Tuesday, May 27, 2014

and more garden...

 so...of course i "found" two more tomatoes - actually it is my bosses fault...she brought in some baby plants that she couldn't plant at home so now we have a total of four tomato plants...they are still not my favorite, but you would never know it by looking at my garden...and the little orange-booger on the left who likes to sit in the middle of everything...
 the beans are doing great! - can't wait to get some beans - there are 5+ plants here maybe a total of 10 plants.  i can't convince myself to "cull" them...so there are way too many there : )
 the carrots are looking a bit sparse, but i need to cull them a bit and the add some more seeds
 the lettuce that is starting to get in the groove.
the cherry tomatoes are happy ^^^ looks like hundreds are coming on ha, ha...the other tomatoes (back right) are looking happy too, with 3+ coming on - all are green and really looking happy and will probably all become ripe at the same time.
 and then...there is this guy ^^^ (juvenile copperhead-snake) showing up under the day lily - freaked fonda out and bothered me on the second day - haven't seen him since, but i am surely going to be looking a bit closer before i put my feet down off the steps and anywhere in the garden.  i guess these guys have a reputation for striking, but not necessarily injecting venom when they strike - this guy shook his tail at me - very obvious, if you are not deaf...he was very beautiful...
 and last night sera decided to "knead" my foot/slipper and then take a nap.  the litter-box behind her is actually our recycle bin in the craft room...she is a sweet cat.

1 comment:

rush said...

I can't wait for the tomatoes. We will probably be sharing a lot of these. Beans! I want some now! You are such the good girlfriend for planting (and acquiring) all of these!

the fish girl

My photo
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States

Blog Archive